Monday, June 23, 2014

Tulum Beaches

Home again! It is wonderful to be home with my family! Now I am trying to finish posting about my adventures...

These pictures are from the time I spent on the beach at Tulum. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have! These pictures are mostly from the morning we watched the sunrise. We got up at 5:30 and hopped onto our bikes. The beach was about a ten minute ride. We plopped down on the sand and chatted quietly as we waited for 6:10, the expected sunrise moment. A bank of clouds got in the way, but we still enjoyed every moment!

Parking our bikes and heading down towards the water.

About ten of us rolled ourselves out of bed to catch the sunrise.

I plopped on the sand and refused to move. Regan (left) was posing for pictures every way she could think of. Stephanie (right) was just standing in the water, trying to soak up every bit of beauty.

Waiting...

I kept snapping pictures. I knew I would never get tired of this view!

Then I started experimenting with different camera settings :P

Finally!

It was everything we had hoped for!

Meanwhile, the waves were coming perilously close to our feet.

Wish you were here?

It was a beautiful moment!

Getting bigger and brighter by the second!

I love listening to and watching the waves roll in.

The morning was so beautiful! No mosquitoes down by the water, a cool breeze coming off the water... It was already so warm that the breeze felt good. We were all in t-shirts, and none of us got cold!

Tristan and Debora watching from a little way down the beach.

Yep, that's me! I stood up and Jasmin wasn't moving, so I tossed my camera onto her lap.

As we were walking back to our bikes, I snapped this picture of the moon. Two nights before, some of the kids had watched the full moon rise over the beach, and they said that had been just as beautiful as the sunrise!

Looking down the beach. Not a lot of people were out at this hour. A few other tourists catching the sunrise, and there were also a couple of cops patrolling in their ATV.

You can see the cops way down the beach; they have their lights on. Here are Taylor, Regan, Hailey, and Nicole posing for pictures or enjoying the morning.

The classic toes in the sand picture.

Jasmin was laughing because she was sure it would get washed away. We had had a few waves get that close, but I knew they only came about every five minutes, so I felt safe.


This was the one! Watch it rolling in!



It's not stooooooopping!

Gone. Washed away! It always makes me think of the foolish man who built his house in the sand...


One last picture before heading back to the hostel for a shower and breakfast.

I loved the beaches of Tulum so much. Perfect white sand, clear blue water. I am hoping to get a few more pictures from Jasmin, because I didn't take any pictures during the afternoon we were on the beach. I loved my weekend here so much! It was so quiet and peaceful, compared to what I imagined. Tulum doesn't get near the visitors that Cancun or Playa del Carmen gets, but from everything I have heard, it is just as beautiful. I will go back some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or questions! I will do my best to respond.